In just 10 days, we’ll be all together to Renew, Revive and Reunite for our 30th Reunion from Smith College. We hope the following information will be helpful to you as you prepare for the weekend!
1. When you arrive in Northampton, go to the Alumnae House first to pick up your Reunion Registration packet and yellow ribbon for the Alumnae Parade on Saturday morning. The packet will include your housing assignment and the Reunion brochure. Registration will be open from 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Friday, and 8:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday.
2. After going to the Alumnae House, come to our Headquarters in Cushing Living Room (Cushing House is in the Quad) to pick up your name tag(s), information packet, and Alumnae Parade gear. Headquarter hours are from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Thursday; 8:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. and 8:45 p.m. to 9:45 p.m. on Friday; and 8:00 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Saturday. The best way to see people as they arrive is to volunteer at Headquarters; let Susan Sylligardos (email@example.com) know that you’d like to help out during one of those times!
3. After stopping by Headquarters, drop off your luggage in your assigned room, which will be in either Cushing or Emerson. REMINDER: Towels should be brought from home. There are NO special arrangements for male guests in terms of restrooms. Student residences are not air-conditioned and many do not have elevators. You will not have access to a refrigerator or kitchen facilities. Please do not bring valuables because you will not receive a key to your room. For security purposes, Reunion student workers will be on door watch in the houses. Rooms have a minimum of conveniences – sheets, one pillow, and one blanket. Anything else you might need should be brought from home. Smoking is prohibited in all Smith College buildings. Houses will be open for alumnae from Thursday at 3:00 p.m. until Sunday at 1:00 p.m.
4. Parking is available in designated areas only, including the campus parking garage on West Street. Maps of campus parking areas will be available at the Alumnae House. City of Northampton and campus parking regulations remain in effect throughout the weekend. On-campus shuttle service will be available throughout the weekend.
4. Please remember to bring white clothes from head to toe (pants, skirts, blouses, sweaters) and white shoes/sneakers for the Alumnae Parade on Saturday morning. Our parade gear will NOT include any white top so please remember to bring a white top. New England weather is unpredictable at this time of year, so remember to pack a light jacket if the temperatures become chilly.
5. Please remember to bring comfortable clothes for our Saturday afternoon program at Ainsworth Gym – Renewing and Reviving Mind and Body: Wellness After 50. Rosalie Peri, Instructor of Conditioning and Fitness in the Exercise and Sports Department at the College, will discuss fitness after 50 with us and then lead us in various fitness activities. Remember you will need those comfortable clothes again on Sunday morning for an invigorating and sustaining morning walk around campus.
6. Mary Louise Wagner has been putting together a Memorial Scrapbook for our class to be displayed at Headquarters. If you have something to share about a classmate who is no longer with us, please bring it to Headquarters and contribute it to our scrapbook. We plan to display the scrapbook at our future reunions.
7. In the event that you misplace an item over the weekend, inquiries about articles lost on campus may be made Thursday through Sunday at the Campus Center information desk, (413) 585-4801. On the Monday after Reunion, all unclaimed articles will be taken to the Alumnae House. Neither the College nor the Alumnae Association are responsible for lost or stolen articles.
8. And for all you shutterbugs: both our class and the Smith Alumnae Quarterly wants your best Reunion photos. If you snapped a great shot of classmates marching in the parade or enjoying a late-night chat session, please send your two best photos of your Reunion experience, along with a full caption (noting names of alumnae in the photo, when and where the photo was taken, and what’s happening in the photo) to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 6. The Alumnae Association plans to publish the photographs in the Fall issue of the SAQ. Please upload those photos, too, to our class Facebook page!
We look forward to sharing another special reunion with you. Remember to check our class website for reunion updates, smithclassof81.wordpress.com. See you in a few days!
Renew, Revive, Reunite!
The Class of 1981 30th Reunion Committee